When you decide to sell a property, remember there are some cost-effective and efficient ways that you can add value to your home without breaking the bank. There are quite a few DIY projects you can undertake yourself, that can arguably add value to your home. Here are a few projects to consider that will add value and appeal to your home when you put it on the market.
Create an eye-catching kitchen
Kitchens arguably have the biggest impact on buyers. More so than any other room in the house. Countertops can easily be refurbished without costing you an arm and a leg.
Modernise your kitchen cabinets
- More often than not a potential buyer will prefer a light and bright kitchen.
- Often the easiest way to give your cabinets a facelift is to repaint. Change an old or dark colour with something light and bright.
- White lightens your cabinets and often makes your kitchen look bigger.
Update your countertops
- Granite and marble does last longer and gives a more luxurious finish, but it’s expensive.
- Equally modern are the new Formica countertops that now come in a range of modern luxurious finishes.
- These are less expensive and will give a lift to any kitchen.
- The kitchen is the heart of any home so it must look appealing and inviting. These are inexpensive upgrades you can make when you sell a property.
Guard your garage
- Create a functional space in your garage.
- Make this an attractive storage option and create storage solutions like (shelves or cupboards).
- Everything should have a home. And the finish should allow a potential buyer to store their items neatly and effectively.
Create a stylish and easy living garden and entertainment area
- There is more emphasis than ever on functional, low maintenance solutions.
- Entertainment is a key requirement in most SA homes.
- But, remember a low maintenance garden and outdoor entertainment is key.
- Create privacy with trellis or creeping plants.
- A garden that has no watering system is a challenge. This is a fast-growing requirement with homeowners. A watering system that allows ease of maintenance and also quick watering is always a good feature to note when you sell a property.
Up-style your bathroom
- When you sell a property the 2nd room or rooms that will help to sell a home are the bathrooms.
- If you currently have paintwork in your bathroom, a fresh coat of paint will work wonders. Especially the ceilings and the inside corners.
- Old style towel rails can be swapped out for more modern solutions. Display a nice set of new colourful bath towels.
- A pretty picture would no go amiss in a new modern bathroom.
- Stylish mirrors are a great addition too.
- Give the grout in your bathroom a good scrub and replace the silicone around the bath, basin and shower.
- If you are desperate to cover up horrible tile designs then paint them. But, follow the paint applications carefully and please pick a neutral colour.
What works when you sell a property?
We have covered a wide range of things that work in your favour when you sell a property. These are things you can control and that will help you realise the best sales price when you decide to sell a property.
- Home staging: When you sell a property home staging really works. We have covered this extensively and have gone room by room to make it easy for you to really hone in on where you know the biggest challenges lie. And we also covered the benefits of home staging in a buyers’ market. Finally, we went room by room, showcasing the following (bathrooms, master bedroom, kitchen, TV room, small home office, gardens, etc).
- Decluttering your home: when you sell a property, it’s important to focus on the benefits of creating big open spaces that have a purpose to make your home appear bigger. Decluttering is number 1 when it comes to selling your home that much faster than the property down the road.
Time to get a free property valuation?
Let us help you? Click here to book your free property valuation now. Get calls in minutes. Get the right agent who knows how to price a property correctly to call you.
Work with prominent estate agents
It’s a good call to work with a prominent estate agent in your area. A seasoned estate agent will know how to operate effectively in a low-interest-rate environment. Now is a good time to use your estate agents negotiating skills because more and more buyers are ‘buying up’. Let us help you sell your house fast.
Connect with a top estate agent in our area now
- Call us on (083) 550-1220 if you have any questions at all and need more assistance.
- Need a free property valuation (physical), or even a digital property valuation, click here, leave your details and we will call you right back.
- Need EA Connections to refer you to the top agent in your area? Click here and leave your details – we will call you right back.